Attorney Rahim Dhanani’s legal practice has been focused in U.S. Immigration law for over ten years. He has extensive experience handling both business and family immigration matters.
Prior to starting The Dhanani Law Firm, LLC, Mr. Dhanani worked for some of the largest business immigration law firms in the world and represented a variety of clients ranging from established Fortune 500 companies to startup companies with limited resources.
Mr. Dhanani advises businesses on matters involving the hiring and transfer of international personnel. He routinely advises companies on issues pertaining to business and professional visas, PERM labor certifications, immigrant visas, consular representation and citizenship for foreign executives, managers and professionals. In addition to his experience in business immigration matters, Mr. Dhanani also works extensively in family immigration matters including the preparation and filing of immigrant petitions based on marriage and fiancé(e) visa applications.
• Atlanta Bar Association International and Immigration Law Section (Chair, 2012)
• American Immigration Lawyers Association Young Lawyers Division Atlanta (Chair, 2005)
Presentations and Articles:
• “Immigration Workshop, Conquering Family and Employment Immigration Forms”, July 2012
• “Nonimmigrant Visa Basics”, Atlanta Bar Association newsletter, November 2011
• “Recent Developments in Immigration”, State Bar of Georgia, September 2008
• Rivaaj Magazine immigration columnist 2004-2005
• State Bar of Georgia
• American Immigration Lawyers Association
• Atlanta Bar Association; International and Immigration Law Section
Honors and awards:
• Selected as Legal Elite 2012 in immigration law by Georgia Trend magazine
Past large firm experience:
• Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernson & Loewy (Associate Attorney)
• Littler Mendelson (Associate Attorney)
• JD, Emory University School of Law (1998)
• BA, Emory University (1994)
Mr. Dhanani’s parents immigrated to the United States from Bangladesh in the early 1970s. He was raised in Illinois and has lived in Georgia for more than twenty years. As a child of immigrants who achieved the American dream, Mr. Dhanani is passionate about US immigration law and strives hard to help others live their own American dream.