L-1B Specialized Knowledge

The LB-visa is issued to workers with specialized knowledge of your company’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques or management. This includes specialized or advanced knowledge of your company applications in international markets or processes and procedures.

To qualify for L-1B status:

1.  Your overseas company must have a: branch, subsidiary, affiliate or parent office in the US.

2.  The US company and the overseas company must continue to do business throughout the duration of the employee’s L-1B status.

3.  Your employee is coming to the US to utilize specialized knowledge.

4.  The employee must have worked for the overseas company for at least one out of the past three years.

How long can an employee stay in L-1B status?

An L-1B Specialized Knowledge worker can remain in the US for up to five years in L-1B status.

Can my spouse work legally in the US while I am in L-1B status?

Yes, the spouse of an L-1B employee is eligible to apply for an employment authorization document.

Contact Dhanani Law Firm Today

As a dedicated immigration law firm, we understand your goal is to employ the most skilled foreign nationals to further your company’s success and enhance our nation’s economic strength.  In pursuit of this goal, allow us to handle your immigration situation, freeing you to do what you do best – run your company.

Call (404) 593-0434 to schedule a consultation with immigration lawyer Rahim Dhanani.  We are here to help you with your L1 visa needs.

Disclaimer : This website is for informational purposes only. Nothing on this site should be construed as legal advice or as creating an attorney-client relationship.