Fiancé (e) Visa

FiancÈ/FiancÈe Visa

In some cases, couples eventually want to get married, but prefer to have their partner enter the US as a fiancé(e) and then have a wedding ceremony a short time after that.  Fortunately, the US immigration system allows couples to do this through the K-1 visa program. 


A US citizen is permitted to file a K-1 fiancé(e) for their partner while the partner is overseas, or in the US.  The process involves initially filing an application with USCIS.  If USCIS approves the application and the fiancé(e) is overseas, another set of applications will need to be filed with the US State Department’s National Visa Center and then finally with the appropriate embassy or consulate.  If the fiancé(e) is currently in the US and you are changing their status to K-1 from another immigration status, you will most likely only be filing applications with USCIS.  In either case, after the K-1 status or visa is approved, the couple has ninety days to get married.  After getting married, the couple must next file an application for Adjustment of Status (hyperlink to Adjustment of Status page) with USCIS.

Contact Dhanani Law Firm Today
At Dhanani Law Firm, we understand the hopes, fears and frustrations you and your family experience when seeking a visa to the U.S. Many of our own friends and relatives are themselves foreign born and have gone through the immigration process. As a result, we are sensitive to the needs of those seeking an opportunity to work and prosper in the U.S.A.

Call (404) 593-0434 to schedule a consultation with immigration attorney Rahim Dhanani.  We are here to help you with your immigration visa needs.

Disclaimer : This website is for informational purposes only. Nothing on this site should be construed as legal advice or as creating an attorney-client relationship.