The K-3 visa allows an immigrant spouse to enter the US while their I-130 immigrant petition is pending with USCIS.  Unmarried children under 21 years of age may also enter with the K-3 visa recipient with a K-4 visa. 

The process requires multiple applications to be filed with USCIS.  Once those applications are approved by USCIS, additional applications will need to be filed with the US State Department. 

As a practical matter, while this visa is available, it rarely makes sense to file a K-3 visa application.  In most cases, a K-1 fiancee visa, or an I-130 immigrant petition for permanent residence based on marriage, are processed by USCIS quicker or at the same time as the K-3.  In that situation, it makes more sense to directly file the K-1 or immigrant petition instead of the K-3 application.

Contact Dhanani Law Firm Today
At Dhanani Law Firm, we understand the hopes, fears and frustrations you and your family experience when seeking a visa to the U.S. Many of our own friends and relatives are themselves foreign born and have gone through the immigration process. As a result, we are sensitive to the needs of those seeking an opportunity to work and prosper in the U.S.A.

Call (404) 593-0434 to schedule a consultation with immigration attorney Rahim Dhanani.  We are here to help you with your immigration visa needs.


Disclaimer : This website is for informational purposes only. Nothing on this site should be construed as legal advice or as creating an attorney-client relationship.